Tick Tock

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Moderator Musings...


Come this Sunday, I guess, I'll be officially(and willingly) stepping down as the WebMaster of cssucsi.blogspot.com. Funny how time flies, it's been 20 months I've been updating the blog, (hopefully) keeping you readers informed and excited about ATOMIC.

I remember the time when I walked into my first CSS gathering. I was still a "freshie" in UCSI, after two weeks around, I walked in to a room of people sitting down(and standing up). Nervously, I took a seat at the back of the classroom. I remembered Jennifer introducing herself to me, but the rest was a blur fastforward until after the gathering. Gregory(the EX-EX-President) wanted the members to volunteer and help out with the committee. "No harm, I thought to myself. "Let 'The University, The Experience' begin", I told myself. Undecided on what I can do to help, I blurted out, "Err, I think I can help with the blog."

Little did I know, there wasn't anyone initially running the blog, and I were to start from scratch. A daunting task. For someone so new to UCSI, it was massive. Part of me wanted to reject it. I needed time to adjust to my new surrounding. Being (quite) far away from home. But, I guessed, something inside wanted me to carry on. A challenge. A chance to make friends. So, yours truly, became the 'Master of the Web'.(I sound like some spider or arachnid) Doink! Fell into Greg's trap...if there was one in the first place... :p

Phew. 20 months. For me, there was a challenge of balancing between recapping the CSS activities as well as doing my part in helping my readers deepen their faith. If everything were about recapping our week's activities, there might not be much new knowledge for those who attended the meetings; while those that did not attend wouldn't get the whole picture. If everything revolve around faith, well, I don't think I qualify to speak theological principles. So, you get my drift, the challenges early on...(hope you're not bored yet)

Well, my tenure could've ended about 8 months ago, during the second AGM. Unfortunately(or fortunately?), it didn't. I'll give you an analogy. It's like running a marathon of 5km. Just when you thought you've done 5km, you realised that there's a small print(like those on sales brochure) saying, 5.7km. Bummer. The extra 0.7km was dreadful, I admit. I ran out of ideas(some say, bloggers block), ran out of new concepts for the blog. Everything seemed repetitive. Updating the blog sometimes felt like a drag. The blog itself looked drab.

Probably the spark which reignited my passion to blog again, was the PD trip. A breath of fresh air the WebMaster needed. But, it's a little too late. Time's up. The baton's another person's now. It's been fun running the blog. I've learn a great deal of things myself. I've made many friends from CSS too, friends which I may not have made if I wasn't part of this club. I've matured(hopefully...maybe someone has to run a statistical test to see whether my hypothesis is correct) in person and in faith. For all the great experiences, thank you ATOMIC. For all the things which may have offended any readers in any way, my sincerest of apologies.

Now, it's time for me to take a bow, together with the ex-committee.

"Oh

How 'bout a round of applause?

Yeah
Standin ovation

But you put on quite a show.

Really had me goin'

But now it's time to go,

Curtain's finally closin'.

That was quite a show.

Very entertainin'.

But it's over now.

Go on and take a bow."


And for the new committee...

Good luck and may God bless. Remeber, "when two or three are gathered in His name, He'll be there." The old committee may have stepped down, but our prayers are always with you and CSS...



Enough of my musings. Time for some dumplings...yum yum... ;)


p.s. This is for Greg. He said to me, "You're always known as the WebMaster. Face also haven't seen before. Post la, a pic of you..." So, a picture for you all!


Previous name : Webmaster

New name : Paul Yeoh

Sorry about the pose...random stuff which Joy took of me...no other individual photos...

3 comments:

MasTer GreGor said...

Is that u Paul??? I cant see u lah hehe.... Paul...yes there was a trap haha.... i wriggled u into it buahaha....nolah...it God's will...I oso mah was in a daze setting CSS up...He had a reason for u whatever it maybe and I believe u have achieved(did u??)...without people like u how would css work and have a blog or simply be great. Thank you Paul Webmaster Emeritus haha

FAMILLE TSAKEM said...

Good job!
I am one of our blog reader and catholic student in UCSI.
as webmaster of Cameroonian students in UCSI, i will say that you did a great job, because i know what is it about. thinking how your readers will feel like, but fortunately you did well.
great thanks for keeping us moving forward toward God through the ATOMIC blog

TEMATIO Maurice said...

Good job