Tick Tock

Friday, July 4, 2008

Chitchat with Greg : Part 2


4. If you could turn back time, what would you have changed in CSS?
Nothing. I am thankful with my committee members and saw every challenge as God's will and we are to go through it together. No regrets in this point. If it is not due to the past you would not have a future.Wanting to change the past in this mater is like not acknowledging one's mistake and not wanting to learn from it but wanting an easy way out to clear things. Not good.


5. How have each and every CSS committee grown since one year ago?
I feel all of them has learnt something of which you will have to ask them yourselves haha. However I believe they have become more mature by acquiring or brushing up their leadership skills and faith, becoming better. Nevertheless I also feel there are some who have missed out a bit haha. For me I have gained more experience in organization, PR and of course more knowledge of our faith through our gatherings which many have missed haha for not coming.


6. What do you want CSS members to benefit from the CSS gatherings? Are there aims or objectives for each gathering?
ATOMIC has its aims and objectives but basically we want the members to learn more about our faith in a higher level more than what has already been thought in church and the same time to form a circle of friends which will be quality witnesses of Christ in the university. Also to grow in faith together while being students trying to lead a Cristian life hence.


7. What do you think CSS needs the most and why? (money, members etc.)
It needs some sort of dedication and love in doing God's work and wanting to learn to really follow His ways and thus serving the people around. Thats what makes us different from all other societies (non-religious). The people in CSS will have to learn how to sacrifice a little. Jesus sacrificed himself for us, did he not? So why not we make some sacrifice too for the benefit of others. There is nothing to loose but only gains.


8. How did you feel after being thrown into the Angkasa swimming pool after the Easter party? haha - I have been thrown into many pools, many times before so it is not something new. But i was happy and touched and grateful to know that I have good friends around me. It was unexpected because i thought you guys were not into doing these kind of stuff. hahaha


9. As the outgoing president, do you have anything else to say to the new president?
Persevere, don't give up, pray and know that God is always with you. Be sincere in your duty, respect others and listen to your members and accommodate them and be their friend and not their boss. Run CSS as a family not as a corporate body. There will be ups and downs and it is not going to be easy so be strong and value those around you. Be responsible and learn to sacrifice and prioritize. To add - for the members pula - support your president because nowadays organization is no more a one way thing meaning it does not all lies in the hands of the leader. So the ups and downs of CSS lies also in the hands of the members too. Remember that CSS is not a corporate body or not like other societies, it is a family and it belongs to all. The leader is to drive you people safely and correctly to where you want to go collectively. I also feel that though with a small group make it a strong group, in faith and knowledge and friendship. The bulk will later come slowly. Lastly dont panic and stay cool and enjoy what you do


10. It must have been hard typing everything using CORRECT english grammar and so forth. (Haha...payback for all the emails you sent.) Anything to comment or justify to this?
I have no problem in my English - grammar and spelling. I type fast and i have many things to do so i don't check. Pardon me for that haha. For the many mails is because I don't have a computer myself and i do not know when i will get one then, so the moment something pops up my head and i want all to know i send a mail if not i forget too. Also i send many, is to inform all EXCO what is happening so later there would not be any excuse of not knowing what is going on. (Although the result is not 100%) Again this is not one way leadership. Everyone will have to know what others are doing only then it is easier to coordinate certain things while organizing stuff.



Last few words...of the very long chat...

I have enjoyed myself being the president or some would call me the Chair @ Kerusi hahaha (chairman) for the past one year. I have learnt a lot and made many friends within the university and also in other universities and without CSS i would not be able to do so. Without CSS i would not have a soul but might become more of a robot being churned out from the university. The experience gained i am very grateful and happy for, and i know that these experiences will definitely help me in future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my EXCOs who are all good in their own ways and in their work. Sue, Bridgette, Byron, Ivan, Paul, Rebecca and the rest keep up the good work in the coming term and keep CSS alive.Lastly my sincere apologies if during my tenure as president i have hurt anyone through my actions or words.
Bon Voyage

0 comments: